*box News Screenshot RepositoryTime 2022-01-01 17:28:34
Web Name: *box News Screenshot Repository
Description:keywords: description: MenuMain
Styles PacksDownload all2693styles upload to the site as of08 February 2020!
*nix Window Managers
Newest Screenshots (0/0/0/3 in the last day/week/month/year)
Latest NewsNew Blackbox Build!2015-02-10 04:12:41Mojmir offered his new build of BBZero, which includes all goodies from his previous builds, plus:
* fixed wallpaper bug (bsetbg/bsetroot/.. ) under windows "susan boyle" 8.x
* merged bbSearch into main branch (new feature, may be bit unstable)
* fixed [inspath] in menu
* some menu related crash
* per core usage sysmonitor for bbinterface
* added /norestart for 1st redist on x64 platform (avoiding to restart twice)
* fix of bbstylemaker ui from user KillingSpree
* fix of bbLeanSkin titlebar actions from user Kaze
Get it from here (you have to register first if you aren't already a member, it's a measure against spamming) http://blackbox4windows.com/index.php?/topic/309-bbzero-118-by-mojmir-is-out-at-last/page-2Comments: 2by: Pitkon
A New Blackbox 4 Windows Build!2014-09-19 23:48:22A new Blackbox 4 Windows build is out, mojmir’s bbzero 1.18 rc1, including the best features from the various Blackbox flavors of the past – split graphics from noccy’s BBClean, outline text from nocd5’s bbleanmod, wave and block style options from unkamunka’s Blackbox for Windows mod, menu grip from xzero450’s bbzero, and lots of plugins. This is the latest, best build for Blackbox, suitable for both 32- and 64-bit environments, thanks to mojmir's simple installation application.
* removed bbInterface in favor of bbInterface_iTunes
* added bbAnalogExMod plugin and removed very old bbAnalogEx
* assimilated better bbPager from bb4win, discarded old one
* merged menu grips from bbClean
* added old and classy styles from openbox and fluxbox. just for the sake of old times
* bbfoomp plugin code cleanup, added detection of foobar2000 window for recent versions
* assimilated bbleanbar+ from bb4win, fixed some bugs and renamed to blackboxbar. resistance is futile!
* merged bbleanskin+ from bb4win
* merged bbiconbox+ from bb4win. there are still parts to resolve
* merged bbPlugin, bbPlugin+ and bbPlugin+ from bb4win into single bbPlugin
* merged all the text drawing routines so that they support shadows and outlines.
* fixed bbInterface_iTunes crash on 64bit. also found and fixed a memory problem
* fixed some serious memory bugs in blackboxbar (may have caused crashes)
Wave may not work too well (we decided not to make you wait any longer till mojmir fixes it), this is to be taken care of in rc2, along with any bugs you may notice. Please keep us posted.
Get it from here http://blackbox4wind...rs-build/?p=700Comments: 3by: pitkon
A New Blackbox Site2014-04-09 03:35:42A new Blackbox site was recently created to gap the void left by the demise of the three Blackbox sites that kept the BB for Windows community together since 2001: lostinthebox, bb4win and boxshots. Old, wise and respected figureheads that owned those sites, like tres’ni and NC-17, have gone on to other pastures and although Blackbox remains a fond memory, it’s all in the past for them. However, they did bless this new site with their best wishes for success.
This new niche, www.blackbox4windows.com combines the characteristics of all three sites into one including news, forum, downloads, uploads and live chat.
Created by yours truly with the help of my good friend adni18, one of the most prolific Windows artists and skinners around, the site aspires to become, among other things, a repository of Blackbox styles, themes and builds (core and plugins) and a vehicle for developers and users to get together and bring Blackbox to the next step of its existence.
Blackbox4Windows is hoping you’ll join us – not only you Blackbox style authors and users, but also wallpaper and icon artists, since there is a special section destined to help users decorate their desktops. There is also a niche for Linux Blackbox/Fluxbox/Openbox users AND a gallery where you can show off your screenshots, your themes and your wallpapers.
Come over, folks, you are all needed for a new start in the world of, perhaps, the best shell replacement around.
Comments: 0by: pitkon
A New Niche For Blackbox Users2012-07-07 23:45:11A new niche for Blackbox users has been added on the web. Adni18, one of the most prolific artists/skinners/themes around created the Skinning Community Forum, a site for all skinners/themers with a special Blackbox section you can find here http://desktop-art.info/forum/index.php?/forum/31-blackbox/
Members can talk about Blackbox, upload their styles and screenshots, post tutorials and exchange ideas and information.
Join http://desktop-art.info/forum/ and start uploading!Comments: 0by: Pitkon
bb4win_mod|bbMien 7.11 Modifications 09.11.292012-05-30 03:51:16Sim presented new modifications to his BB flavor, which he claims works extremely well and is absolutely stable under Windows 7.
Main features of the new mod include:
- Icons on the main menu
- Balloon tips on BBLeanBar (you can switch them on and off)
- Click on BBLeanBar clock with 1-6 mouse buttons (bbLeanBar.clock.Btn1Click,... bbLeanBar.clock.Btn6Click)
- Volume control by keyboard with bbKeys plugin (VOLUMEUP, VOLUMEDOWN, VOLUMEMUTE) (this does not work under Windows 7)
Get it from http://www.lostinthebox.com/viewtopic.php?f=64by: Pitkon
Another Programmer Joins In2012-04-16 00:57:04Another programmer, philliph, joined forces with BBs best to work on the core and plugins. Which means, new options to make a great shell even greater. There is a list of things we would like to see and I am sure you have your own wishlist so go ahead and post it on lostinthebox. And if there are more programmers out there interested in volunteering, we would love to hear from you.Comments: 8by: Pitkon
BBAutoBroam Is Released2012-02-08 05:58:24Bro offered another plugin – bbAutoBroam, that automatically runs a list of bro@ams at shell startup. With bbAutoBroam you can:
- choose to either use or ignore shell's -nostartup switch
- prevent running of startup bro@ams by simply holding SHIFT at startup
- space up the execution of startup bro@ams with time interval
- get loading feedback (e.g. by using @script[@BBCore.label Loading bbNote...|@BBCore.exec bbNote.exe])
The plugin works fine with BBLean 1.17 but seems to have issues with BlackboXZ by XZero450… Get it from http://www.lostinthebox.com/viewtopic.php?f=49by: Pitkon
To Kill An App: BBKillProcessMenu2012-01-27 06:39:50There is a new plugin by bro - a simple plugin for Blackbox for Windows, which shows a list of processes in a menu so they could be easily terminated. bbKillProcessMenu is compatible with all current bb4win versions:
- bblean 1.12 or later
- xoblite bb2 or later
- bb4win 0.90 or later
Get it from http://www.lostinthebox.com/viewtopic.php?f=49by: Pitkon
BBMMEX = A New Plugin2012-01-21 00:04:41BBMMEX by bro is a simple plugin for Blackbox for Windows, which shows summary about currencies from Money Manager Ex www.codelathe.com/mmex/
It can be used also to show result of custom query on any unencrypted SQLite database.
Get it from http://www.lostinthebox.com/viewtopic.php?f=49by: Pitkon
Happy 2012!2011-12-31 01:23:36Happy New Year, folks! We at boxshots and lostinthebox wish you a healthy, fruitful 2012 with lots of *box escapades! Be creative and keep boxing!Comments: 0by: Pitkon
2003-2006, Brian "Tres`ni" Hartvigsen, Jesterace, snkmchnb and NC-17
Styles of their respective authors
Please direct all administrative questions/comments to Jesterace, snkmchnb or NC-17
ChatboxValid BBCode: [b][u][i][url]snkmchnb
anyone up for a style challenge like the good 'ol days?
Was inactive for quite some time for personal reasons, but bb4win,com is still alive. Just approved 3 new screenies here, sorry for the delay, folks! Blackbox lives!
Loving the new xoblite build
sorry, we missed July
YEAH! Chatbox!!! Once a month new message, ahahaha. THOU! BB-Lives!
Work in progress: link
Just wanted to say thanks to the peeps still running this. Lets me have a slice of what I unfortunately missed out on. It's like a digital museum almost. I hope the site stays up as long as possible, good luck and thank you to the admins!
thanks for the note yll. Nice to see xoblite still a thing, qwilk :)
I love that the site is still getting hits. I'd love to update it, fix things, etc.
<<< Thank you for your visit >>>